Best Casino Bonuses
Claiming a casino bonus is one of the most exciting things to do when it comes to signing up to a site. Whether it’s a no deposit bonus, no wagering bonus or a VIP bonus, there’s sure to be something that suits your gaming style. Whether you’re new to casino bonuses or a veteran, there’s plenty of information you can learn about how to make the most of these treats offered by casino operators. What’s more, I at Professor of Casinos have curated only the finest selection of casinos which offer the best bonuses out there. Now all you have to do is read the below information to find out everything you need to know before embarking on your casino adventure.
What is a Casino Bonus?
Put simply, a casino bonus is an extra offered by a casino, and this extra can come in many forms. They can be part of a welcome package or offered as a reward for continued gameplay. There will be a set of terms and conditions attached to each bonus, which the player is expected to read and understand. The main benefit of a casino bonus is enhanced gameplay due to the offer, so choosing wisely according to your style of play can increase your chances of landing a big win.
Types of Casino Bonus
This is also known as the new player bonus or signup bonus, and is the most popular type of online casino bonus. These can appear to be incredibly generous, and it’s common for players to get carried away and claim these bonuses without looking at the small print. However, they will usually be subject to strict terms and conditions, including wagering requirements, so it’s wise to take a look at these before signing up for one. Welcome bonuses can come in the form of a match up bonus, free spins or a combination package.
No Wagering Bonus
A bonus can often seem appealing, then off-putting once a player checks the wagering requirements. This is because casinos will typically offset the investment in mass player bonuses by making the terms and conditions pretty strict. Some wagering requirements can be as high as 100x, which could mean that you will need to be wagering for a long time before being able to enjoy the benefits of the bonus. However, no wagering bonuses take all of this away by providing a bonus which doesn’t involve such requirements.
No Deposit Bonus
As the name suggests, these are bonuses which don’t require you to make a deposit beforehand. They often come in the form of virtual money which is added to your account upon signup as an incentive to become a new player. An average no deposit bonus can be fairly small but will get you through a few rounds of your favourite casino game, so they can be very popular. It’s worth remembering that you can’t withdraw the money right away, because you will need to fulfil the wagering requirements, which are usually much higher than they are for regular casino bonuses. Additionally, there is usually only a short period of time to play with a no deposit bonus, such as an hour or a day. While these can be fun, it’s probably not going to land you many big wins unless you are exceptionally lucky.
Once you’ve made a deposit at a casino, you can be eligible for this type of bonus. The deposit is matched with a certain percentage of a total amount. For example, if you receive a 100% match up to €300, you will receive 100% of the deposit amount you make as long as it’s €300 or under. This bonus is designed for new players who make their first deposit at an online casino, and can incentivise them to play for longer.
If you are a high roller and part of a VIP program with an online casino, there may be perks such as a VIP bonus on offer. These can be anything from free spins to a match up bonus, which cater to your VIP style of gameplay – which usually involves spending more money. It’s usually required for a player to make a minimum deposit which means they are eligible for the VIP program, and for them to be engaged in continual gameplay which is reflective of a high roller.
A casino will often incentivise players to try out a particular pokie game or the whole section in general by offering free spins. This kind of offer can either be stand alone or part of a welcome package. It’s quite common for casinos to offer a welcome bonus which is a match up bonus plus free spins. If you enjoy playing pokies, then this kind of bonus is most beneficial for obvious reasons. New players will get a good head start on their gameplay and be in with a chance of landing a big win for free.
These are also referred to as monthly bonuses or similar, and they are given to existing players who prove their loyalty by continuing to play on the site. They can come in the form of competitions, free spins, a match bonus or more, and are designed to incentivise players to remain on the site and continue to enjoy their gameplay.
Payment Method Bonus
This type of bonus isn’t seen often, but it can be introduced by a casino operator if they have added a new cashier option to their range and want to encourage more players to use it. As the name suggests, players would need to make a deposit using the specified payment method (most commonly, Paypal) in order to be eligible for free spins, bonus money or similar.
What are wagering requirements?
When casino players refer to wagering requirements, this is a multiplier that symbolises the number of times you need to play through a bonus before being eligible to withdraw any winnings. So if you have a €20 casino bonus with a 10x wagering requirement, you would need to spend €200 on games before being able to withdraw pending winnings. Some games may not count towards wagering requirements, so it’s worth checking this before getting stuck into a particular title. The terms and conditions will usually state if any games are exempt from the requirements.
Winnings made while working towards wagering requirements are stored in a pending balance until you meet them. It’s not possible to withdraw cash from the pending balance, but you can spend them in order to work through the wagering requirements. Once you have completed the requirements, the pending balance will be released into your main wallet.
How is a bonus calculated?
To understand how wagering requirements work, it’s beneficial to calculate the wagering requirement of a bonus for better clarity. This enables you to pick the best casino bonus to benefit your bankroll.
For example, if a casino bonus offers €10 when you make a deposit of €10 with a wagering requirement of 10x, this is what you would need to calculate:
- €10 (casino bonus) x 10 (wagering requirement) = €100.
- So, in order to make a cash withdrawal, you would need to wager €100 in total.
- Another example is if you would need to include the deposit as well. This is the equation you would need to carry out:
- €10 (money deposited) + €10 (casino bonus) x 10 = €200
Advantages of casino bonuses
Plenty to choose from – Players are spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing a casino bonus. There are many to choose from due to each operator wanting to offer something unique to attract a constantly widening customer base. All you have to do is think about your style of gameplay, work out which bonus is best for you, then read the terms and conditions to ensure your bankroll is minimally impacted by small print such as wagering requirements.
Generous offers – One of the most exciting things about casino bonuses is that, if you choose wisely, you can greatly enhance your gameplay. Particularly with new casinos or well established casinos looking to gain more customers, there will be unique and generous casino bonus offers available to convince people that this operator is the best one out there. This means that you can enjoy varied and enjoyable gameplay.
Enhanced gameplay – Few people would turn down a freebie, and that’s why so many of us sign up for casino bonuses when we are choosing a new casino site or getting started in the world of gambling. Enhanced gameplay is just one of the perks – for example, if you are a pokies fan, gaining free spins for an action as simple as creating an account or making a first deposit could make the difference between a win and lose. Similarly, match up bonuses enable you to spend longer on your favourite games due to the virtual cash being offered by the operator.
Trying out casino games – If you aren’t sure whether a casino is the right one for you, or you’re new to casino gaming and want to know whether it will be a good way to spend your time, casino bonuses are a good way to give yourself a boost before you get started and try out a selection of choices before making much of an investment with your bankroll. With bonuses such as deposit bonuses or match up bonuses, you only have to invest a small amount of money in order to stretch your bankroll further. If you decide the games aren’t for you, you don’t need to fulfil the wagering requirements either, and can simply log out and walk away.
Bonus cash – Who doesn’t like the sound of free cash? This is why so many players sign up for a casino bonus if it is advertised in such an attractive way. Making your bankroll last longer will appeal to any player, as whether they want to spin the reels a few more times, play an extra round of blackjack or place one more bet on the roulette wheel, having some bonus cash which will enable that is ideal.
Disadvantages of casino bonuses
Wagering requirements – These are the main feature of casino bonus small print that most players neglect to read before signing up for one, so make sure you aren’t one of those caught out and know everything that is required of you before you claim a bonus and then any winning cash. If you see a welcome bonus that seems particularly generous, the chances are that the wagering requirements will be fairly high to compensate, so either find an offer with lower requirements or work out if your bankroll will allow you to meet them in the timeframe specified.
Terms and conditions – These can always be found on a reliable and trustworthy casino site, but they are rarely read by players who are eager to get started. This can be their downfall, however, as conditions such as time limits, maximum betting amounts and cashout limits could take them by surprise further down the line. As you would before making any purchase, especially one which does have small print, read all the information provided to you before making a final decision and parting with your cash.
Time limits – It’s fairly common for casino bonuses to have a time limit, so don’t sign up for a new casino site if you won’t be able to dedicate your time to the site for a while afterwards. Whether it’s an hour, a day, a week or 30 days, the terms and conditions will always state whether you need to make use of a casino bonus by a certain time, and if you don’t make a note of this, you could log in later on and find out that your bonus has expired.
Cashout limits – Every casino player wants to land a big win, but what do you do if you’re planning on making a massive withdrawal, just to find out you can’t? Few players will read the small print stating whether there’s a limit to the amount of cash you can withdraw in one go, and there will usually be a daily, weekly or monthly limit applied, whether this is for winnings in general or that specific bonus.
Maximum bet – One of the main categories of casino complaints online refer to the maximum bets, and this is a feature which is most commonly overlooked by players. According to this rule, the amount you can bet while a bonus is active is capped. This stops players from taking the benefits of any freebies offered by a casino bonus too far and reducing the house edge significantly. If you bet an amount beyond the maximum bet, the casino can reserve the right to void all of your money, and while you can log a complaint about this, the clause will usually be included in the terms and conditions, which is yet another reason to read through them thoroughly before engaging in any gameplay.
How to activate a casino bonus
- Log into your casino account using your username or password. Alternatively, sign up for a new account by clicking a button stating ‘sign up’, ‘join now’ or similar and filling in the required web forms.
- Navigate to the bonus on the casino site and click ‘claim bonus’ to activate it. Alternatively, copy and paste a bonus code into the box stated by your casino operator.
- The bonus will be added to your virtual account as additional funds or spins, depending on the bonus type you have chosen.
- Get started with your casino gameplay.
Casino bonus FAQ
- Which casino bonus is best for me? – This depends very much on your style of gameplay. For example, if you only play pokies, or spend the majority of your time on this type of game, the free spins bonus will be most beneficial for you, and you should browse casino operators for offers which include this type of deal. If you want to take a look at a range of games, then a match up bonus can enhance your first few rounds of play at an online casino.
- How much money can I win with a casino bonus? – The odds will be the same as they would be with your own bankroll, but you have more chances of doing so thanks to the additional games the offer provides you with. It’s these additional chances of landing a big win that incentivise people to sign up for bonuses.
- What counts as bonus abuse? – Even if it isn’t intentional, some actions can count as bonus abuse and result in this offer being removed from your account. For example, if you use irregular betting patterns, request a withdrawal before meeting the wagering requirements, play games which aren’t eligible for the bonus while it’s active or bet lower than the minimum wagering amount with bonus money, this can result in negative action being taken on your account.
- Can I claim casino bonuses on multiple sites? – It’s perfectly fine to sign up for multiple casino sites and make the most of the associated bonuses, but it’s worth bearing in mind that if you have multiple bonuses active across several sites, it will take longer and cost you more to meet the wagering requirements that would make you eligible for withdrawing your winnings.
- Can I cash out bonus money? – You are able to cash out bonus money once you’ve met the wagering requirements for the offer. It can be wise to work out how much you will need to spend before being able to make a withdrawal by using tools such as bonus calculators, which are largely available for free online.
- Who is eligible for a casino bonus? – The answer to this question will vary depending on the type of bonus being referred to. For example, new players are the only type of player eligible for a welcome bonus, while high roller bonuses are for those who place wagers comprising large amounts of money. Meanwhile, reload bonuses and weekly or monthly offers are for those who are regular and loyal players on a casino site.
- Is a VIP bonus or a high roller bonus better than a standard welcome bonus? – The main difference between a VIP or high roller bonus and a standard bonus is that they are designed for different types of player. So it’s not necessarily the case that a VIP bonus will be better quality – instead, it simply caters to players who have a higher bankroll.
- What games can I use my casino bonus on? – To gain the necessary information on which games you can play while a casino bonus is active, check out the terms and conditions on the bonus, which will state everything you need to know. For example, there will often only be certain pokies games you can play with a free spins bonus, and match up bonuses may only be eligible for table games such as roulette, blackjack and baccarat. Having this information is useful as you proceed to meet the wagering requirements for the bonus.